Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Day4Care

...See that clever title pun I made? It's Day Four at DayCare! :) I think I'm going to start a trend...I also think that I'm lacking on sleep, but that's besides the point.

Today?

I'm slightly perplexed by "Kyle". I have yet to find out if he has siblings or not - because this is always one of the first questions I ask a lead teacher in regards to a child who is acting out behaviorally. I'm really trying to implement the Nurtured Heart Approach with this child in particular by:

-ignoring bad behavior
-giving attention given to the little victim of the moment's push, shove, 'robbery'...all of these things are big deals to a 1-year old!
-giving attention to positive behavior (this one is emphasized the most, and probably happens the least)
-give one-on-one instruction (today, we worked on "please")

And it went well...
But alas, one step forward, two steps back...I observed today that head teachers seem to be unfamiliar with this kind of approach and I can't say that I expected them to be.

Where is my place in a volunteer position such as this?

No comments:

Post a Comment